New Site Baptist Church was organized in September of 1848 in a log school house near Hudson Spring (about 5 miles west of the current location). It is believed that New Site is the oldest Baptist church in Barry County.
For a number of years the New Site congregation met in several locations. Due to the Civil War, the church did not hold services for a period of 4 years. After the war, services resumed with 35 members on the roll. In 1878, a building was built on an acre of ground, 1 mile south west of its current location.
In 1916 the church built a red brick building on a site secured on the A.E. Banks farm and again relocated. In 1919 the church was officially known as “New Site Baptist Church” after aligning itself with the Southern Baptist Convention. As the surrounding community has grown, New Site Church has sought to minister to the community by touching lives with the gospel of Jesus Christ.